The German Center for Research and Innovation (GCRI) New York is the most accessible portal in North America to the German research and innovation landscape, bringing together key stakeholders in the public and private sectors. These include leaders in science, technology, and the humanities. Furthermore, the GCRI provides a platform to foster creativity and enhance innovation in a rapidly changing world. The GCRI was created as a cornerstone of the German government’s initiative to internationalize science and research and is one of six centers worldwide.
The GCRI realizes its mission through a wide range of activities, such as:
- Convening workshops, symposia, and conferences to showcase cutting-edge research and explore collaborative solutions to global problems
- Providing a “one-stop shop” for information about the German research landscape and funding sources
- Promoting German contributions to research, development, and innovation
- Creating opportunities for graduate students and other young researchers to connect with German institutions and support them in their careers
- Supporting North American universities as they develop strategies to enhance collaborations with Germany in science, the humanities, technology, and industry